When you first hear the terms “honeycomb matting” or “drain matting,” you might have a hard time figuring out exactly what they represent. A mat could be anything from rubber doormats to anti-fatigue mats for kitchen flooring for the typical person.
To be honest, kitchen rubber mats may be found almost anywhere! If you’ve ever looked inside a restaurant kitchen, you’ve probably noticed a layer of honeycomb-like rubber lining the floor. Does this ring a bell? These hole-filled rubber mats offer slip resistance, comfort, and drainage, all of which are great for any wet, slick industrial kitchen surface. Here are eight reasons why rubber drainage mats should be a standard feature in any business kitchen:
- Sturdy: Rubber kitchen mats, particularly drainage mats, are constructed of long-lasting, pliable natural rubber. Drainage kitchen mats are a heavy-duty product that can withstand a lot of foot traffic and fallen pots and pans because they’re most typically used in commercial kitchens and other high-traffic locations.
- Slip Resistant: Rubber matting considerably minimizes the chances of slips, falls, and potential injuries by its extraordinarily high coefficient of friction. Protect employees and kitchen staff with rubber kitchen mats that provide exceptional safety even in the wettest conditions.
- Drainage: Honeycomb rubber matting has thousands upon hundreds of perforations that allow liquids to easily travel through the mat’s surface. Allowing your staff to stand in puddles of water, grease, or oil is not a good idea. To keep your kitchen flooring clean and dry, place slip-resistant kitchen mats on the floor.
- Fatigue prevention: Chefs and kitchen staff spend their days standing for long periods. All much standing, however, can wear down the feet and joints. Drainage mats for kitchen floors also serve as anti-fatigue mats, offering a thick cushion for people to stand on. As a result, rubber drainage mats can also help to relieve pain and strain caused by prolonged standing.
- Antimicrobial: Rubber kitchen drainage mats are antimicrobial, which means they hinder the growth of microorganisms including mold, fungi, and bacteria. Who wants to consume food made in a filthy kitchen? Invest in rubber mats from any store to reduce the mess and bacteria.
- Economical: Rubber mats are naturally long-lasting and durable. Natural and Nitrile rubber kitchen mats tolerate constant spills, foot activity, and other harsh work situations. The mats themselves are a touch pricy, but their long-term durability and safety will more than compensate for that.
- Lightweight: Although kitchen rubber mats are typically composed of superior natural or nitrile rubber, their drainage design keeps them light. As a result, they’re simple to transport, store, and move! After each day, clean your kitchen by removing and rinsing the rubber matting. It’s a lot simpler that way.
Many drainage rubber mats are environmentally beneficial since they are made from natural rubber sap. Natural rubber mats can assist to minimize your kitchen’s carbon footprint and eliminating unnecessary waste because natural rubber is a biodegradable and sustainable resource.
Kitchen rubber mats have a plethora of advantageous features that make them excellent for commercial kitchens and foodservice environments. Rubber kitchen mats are an excellent investment because of their slip resistance, comfort, and drainage features. Protect your kitchen floors with safe, cost-effective, and efficient rubber mats, whether you’re a business owner, a top chef, or a dishwasher. You will not be disappointed with your purchase.
Rubber Mats for Entrances
To mention a few, rubber-backed entry mats include all waterhog mats, the Super Scrape entrance mat, and the Logo Mat.
For all floor mat products, rubber is the chosen backing. Rubber-backed floor mats are ideal for high-traffic places such as offices, schools, hospitals, and commercial establishments. Premium, commercial-grade rubber will not curl, dog-ear, or cause a tripping hazard. Rubber entrance mats are available from ultimate mats.
This rubber might be smooth or include cleats (grippers) to keep the entrance mat in place on carpeted floors. Rubber is fade, stain, and mildew resistant, as well as being able to handle severe temperatures (both hot and cold) and always lay flat.
This backing aids in the creation of long-lasting, low-maintenance entry mats. Vacuuming should take care of almost all of the cleaning for these doormats, but they can also be hosed down, shampooed, steam extracted, and even washed in the washing machine.