Today, online learning and online courses are being preferred more by students and learners. This provides teachers, professors, and anyone with knowledge, experience and skills a chance to spread the knowledge they have to anyone and everyone keen to learn. That’s why anyone who has expertise in any subject or topic can create courses to sell online. But creating an online course from scratch is not a walk in the park. There is so much to be done, the course creator has to think about the right topic or subject for the course, do the thorough research, know the opinion of people before creating it, make the course outline and then comes the final and part which is the execution of the plan to create an online course.
This is the part where so many of the creators get stuck because they do know how to create an online course, but don’t know what equipment and tools are required that can help them from the first step of creating a course to finding the best platforms for selling courses.
Here through this article teachers, professors, any subject- matter experts or creators can know what the tools they need to create an online course. So keep reading.
Video-based tools: Visuals & videos are one of the best and most used ways of instructing, as students learn easily and quickly through this way. So if you are going to use videos in your online course you need good video making tools.
- Camera- A good camera is a must if you’re recording videos, many use professional cameras, but if you can’t then a phone camera will also do, buy a tripod or gimbal stabilizer and you’re good to go.
- Video- editing software: Editing videos can get messy if you don’t know how to do it right, today there are various video editing software available online that creators can use like Adobe Photoshop. To edit and make the video attractive.
- Animation software: Some creators like to use animations to make the videos more catchy and interactive, they can use animation software and apps for this. Adobe Animate, After effects, and Anime Studio are some examples of such software.
Audio-Based Tools: Audio plays an important part in an online course, there are various forms in which course creators can use it. Some like to create audio-only courses, some like to use it with their recorded videos or with animated videos. It depends on your choice, but what is important is a clear and right choice of audio. Here are some tools that course creators can use to create better audio.
- Microphones: It’s important that when learners listen to the instructions from the course, they can understand what is being said. And it can’t be done with audio recorded from a phone, creators need to invest in a good quality microphone, which can record their voice. Check and listen after test recording that the voice doesn’t sound grainy, too cranky or muffled.
- Audio-editing Software: After recording the audio, you need to edit the audio, cut unnecessary sounds, and add some background music (if you want to). Creators can use all in one software for this purpose, there are many free as well as paid software that you can find on the internet.
Texts: Texts and fonts play an important role in the presentation of anything, whether it’s making a slideshow for the lecture, writing a report or creating a digital poster for a webinar. And while creating an online course it becomes more important to select the right text and fonts to make the course content look presentable and understandable for everyone.
- Canva- It is one of the most used software today, it can be used to create anything. You can create PPTs, Posters, Reports, PDFs, Images etc. For your course.
Course Selling Platforms: Now, that all work has been done and your online course is ready for learners to use. It’s time to put it on the internet but creators often face the question: how to sell online courses? But today there are many ways to do it, you can sell courses on your website or any course selling platform.