GSET or Gujarat State Eligibility Test is an eligibility entrance exam conducted by colleges across Gujarat to recruit Assistant Professors. It determines the eligibility of candidates for Lecturership in Universities. The GSET exam pattern is conducted with two papers. Paper I is 50 marks, consisting of 50 questions, and Paper II is 200 marks with 100 questions. The questions are only objective type.
How to apply?
Any aspiring candidate may go to the official website of GSET and follow the instructions given. There will be a REGISTER ONLINE option available on the website, and the candidates may look for the same. The registration fees are different as per the caste, physical disability of the candidate. By reading thoroughly through the GSET eligibility criteria carefully, the candidate must be aware of the requirements needed for the same. Moreover, you can also visit to BYJU’s Exam prep for entire exam details.
Who Conducts the Exam?
The exam gets conducted by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda to evaluate a candidate’s eligibility to apply for Assistant Professor in the state university and colleges. In 2021, the exam will take place around 26th December. This would be the 15th GSET from Gujarat. The University Grants Commission has permitted the execution of GSET. The exam gets conducted for twenty-three subjects across 11 centers.
Eligibility for GSET?
- The candidates may apply for GSET because they have completed their Master’s Degree in the subject of specialization.
- The policy of reservation will be as per Gujarat government norms.
- For general/ unreserved candidates, a minimum of 55% marks are required at the Master’s level.
- For other candidates or reserve quotas, the marks required in 50% in Masters or equivalent degree for GSET.
- For candidates waiting for the final results may also apply for GSET.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/ SEBC, a caste certificate with the latest non-creamy layer certificate shall be needed.
- The master’s degree should have been completed within the stipulated period with at least 55% or 50% marks for Ph.D. holders.
- There is no age limit for applying to GSET for the eligibility of Assistant Professor.
Difference between GSET and CTET
- GSET is an exam conducted by the Gujarat State, whereas the central government conducts CTET or Central Teacher Eligibility.
- GSET is for Assistant Professor, whereas CTET is for the post of school teachers at the primary or secondary level.
- GSET will help a candidate get into the State universities as Assistant Professors. In contrast, a candidate qualifying CTET shall help the Candidate get positions in Kendriya Vidyalayas or any central government Schools.
- CTET will secure a central government job with many facilities, whereas GSET shall confirm jobs in the State government.
- For CTET, the language of examination is flexible, whereas for GSET the language is set as per the examination rules.
- The application fees for CTET ranges from Rs. 300 to Rs. 600, depending on the number of papers applied for. On the other hand, in GSET the fees are comparatively higher than Rs. 100 to 900, depending on the caste and disability factor.
- For CTET, a valid educational degree in B.ED might be helpful; for GSET, a Masters’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent one is required.
Before the candidate goes ahead with applying for GSET, it is advisable to thoroughly go through the Bulletin provided on the official website. The employment updates shall be published in Local Newspapers and Employment news as well. The candidature is provisional and shall be confirmed after completing all the required steps. It is an exam with no negative marks. Hence, diligence might help the candidate crack the tough nut.