TOP DESIGNERS ON HOW TO PULL OFF CONTEMPORARY FURNITURE IN YOUR HOME
The trends in furniture, interior design, and architecture are changing. The newer and more contemporary looks are making their way into the arena and are overshadowing the older methods. It is important to keep up with these trends to be in touch with the latest styles and patterns, thus ensuring the best of modern classic styles in the homes. Interior designers are taking special care by including contemporary furniture in their plans. One look at these patterns would make any layperson also fall in love with the style owing to their chic and elegant look.
Here are a few tips and tricks on how you can pull off the modern-looking furniture in your home:
- Add color – The olden styles were mainly monochromatic, adding a splash of color would be a refreshing change. For example, a sofa with a different, striking color like navy blue, dark green, or with some patterns, would be a great change against white walls. Another option would be to utilize an accent chair or carpets in a popping color.
- Minimal décor – Shifting away from the decorations, wall hangings, and multiple paintings in each room, contemporary furniture has more to do with minimalism. Using only a few objects like magnetic moon lamp, subtle curtains, you can achieve a sophisticated look with less effort.
- Geometric styles – This is one of the major aspects of the contemporary style. Luckily, one does not have to think too much about this. A dining table, coffee table, squared edge chairs, and other angular pieces can be opted for to go for a complete mid-century modern look. Not only these but also rugs and cushions in geometric styles or a throw-over blanket with relevant patterns would add to the charm.
- Natural elements or metals – You could choose to go either way in decorating the interiors of the house by adding more nature-oriented materials like a wooden swing or chair, or even wicker lamps. Contrarily, the exposure of brass or aluminum metals in terms of showpieces, tables, decorative items, etc would be another way to lean towards.
- Size and functionality – One of the primary concepts of modern furniture is the practicality and multiple uses of each item in question. Storage units – kitchen, study room, bedroom, tv units or living room units, etc all can be handy and used in storing things thus, eventually, making the house look more spacious and uncluttered.
- Open spaces – Another feature you can choose to use would be the ‘less is more’ one. In this style, having open spaces would be the main consideration, and no extra pieces of furniture are added that could make the room look full.
By choosing these styles and patterns, you can opt for a completely contemporary look for your home or even your own room. Select the best furniture available and design your house with ease.