Guide to How to Choose the Perfect Pan 
Do you have to renew your old pans and do not know which plan to buy? In the Ohmenaje.com blog, I tell you the advantages and disadvantages of the different materials (cast iron, ceramic, stainless steel, and Teflon) to help you choose which is the best plan for you. So… inside pans!
Cast Iron Pans
Cast iron pans make the flavor of our meals last and we cook in a healthier way. In addition, they have a natural finish without paints or chemical additives.
- They are characterized by their uniform thermal transmission and add dietary iron to the body.
- These cast iron pans, if treated correctly, last forever. In addition, they are suitable for all types of fires.
- The lodge is a North American company from Tennessee with over 100 years of experience in the manufacture of natural finish cast iron cookware with a commitment to health and respect for the environment.
Advantages of Cast Iron pans:
- natural non-stick
- They provide dietary iron to the body
- Suitable for all types of fires and for the oven
- Energy saving
- Natural Finish Healthy Pans: Discover the taste of yesteryear
- Saving money. last forever
- Disadvantages of Cast Iron Skillets:
- Heavier than a conventional pan
- If it is not treated with the corresponding treatment, food tends to adhere to the surface
- If we don’t dry them after cleaning they run the risk of rusting.
- If you want to buy a cast iron pan, check out the selection of cast iron pans and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Stainless Steel Pans
Stainless steel body pans are characterized by their long life and because food does not stick. To do this, they need a very strong preheat before pouring the oil, and let it heat up well. For cleaning, a rubbing of the finest steel wool will suffice. It will be like the first day.
Advantages of Stainless Steel pans:
- food does not stick
- good heat distribution
- Disadvantages of Stainless Steel pans:
- They require a high preheating of the oil so that the food does not stick.
- If you want to buy a stainless steel pan, consult the selection of stainless steel pans and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Ceramic Coated Pans
Before commenting on the characteristics of these pans, it should be noted that most of the so-called ceramic pans are not entirely made of this material. That is, they are enameled steel or stainless steel pans, but whose non-stick coating is ceramic. Its main features are the following:
Advantages of ceramic coated pans:
- They do not release toxic substances (take care of the environment and health);
- Valid for vitroceramic, induction, gas, and electric stoves;
- PFOA and PTFE free;
- Easy to clean;
- Relatively low price.
- Disadvantages of ceramic pans:
- They lose non-stick ability over time;
- They need specific kitchen accessories that do not scratch (wooden or silicone).
- Hand cleaning is recommended.
If you want to buy a ceramic paras paistinpannu, consult the selection of ceramic frying pans and choose the one you like best.
Teflon Pans (PFOA Free)
This material is a synthetic substance that covers the surface of the pan in order to prevent food from sticking. Previously, this material was made up of substances that emitted small toxic gases, but today, high-end pans such as those of the San Ignacio brand are made free of PFOA and are not harmful to health. The advantages and disadvantages to highlight would be the following:
Advantages of Teflon pans:
- Good price.
- Good non-stick capacity during the
- first uses.
- Easy cleaning.
- Disadvantages of Teflon pans:
- They scratch more easily than iron or steel pans;
- The non-stick coating wears off as the pan is used.
- If you want to buy a Teflon pan, consult the selection of Teflon pans and choose the one that best suits your needs.
If you have liked this article on how to choose a frying pan and it has been useful to you, you can rate it with 5 stars and share it on social networks. In this way, you will help us reach many more people like you who are looking for help and advice on how to choose a frying pan. If you have already found your pan, you can share your choice with our community, indicating in the comments which pan you have compared or with which you feel comfortable cooking. Thank you very much and good luck with your search for the perfect pan.
The Best Pans Online. Analysis and Comparative
We have analyzed and compared for you the best pans you can buy online. Let’s go there! Finding the best frying pans online is a complicated task that can take us a long time. That is why we have compiled for you this list of the best frying pans that you can buy online to make it easier for you to choose and compare. We have highlighted the main characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages that users have pointed out in relation to each pan and at the end, we have compiled them in a comparative table of the best pans that you will find at the end of this article.
If you are interested, in another article we have prepared a guide on which pan to buy, based on the advantages and disadvantages of pans depending on the type of material. But enough introductions and let’s go there with the analysis of which pans are the best.